There appears to be more and more cruelty free/vegan hair care products appearing on the shelves currently. I am over the moon with this, as while I am trying to replace my make up with a full cruelty free routine, the hair care was a little bit of a struggle.
It all seemed to be expensive and available only online – how would I know if it suited my hair type? What if I didn’t like it?
So I was very pleased to see this vegan haircare brand pop up in a few of my local supermarkets.
Love Beauty & Planet
Love Beauty & Planet (LB&P) are not only caring for your hair, but are trying to care for the environment too.
- They are open and honest about their carbon footprint and are working to reduce it 20% by 2020, as well as supporting third party programs working to reduce carbon emissions and landfill waste.
- LB&P ethically source most of their ingredients and are working to ethically source the rest by 2020 (next year will be a big year then hopefully!).
- They are developing ‘fast rinse’ technology. The company have created conditioners that break down in water quicker, therefore saving water. They are working on a fast rinse shampoo too. I’ve not heard of this before, maybe it’s not a new idea but it is rather innovative in my opinion!
- The bottles are 100% recycled and they are working on the lids and pumps.
- Along with their naturally-derived ingredients, they are also certified vegan and cruelty free!
- Their products are also paraben-free, silicone-free, dye-free, & formulated without phthalates. Some are also sulfate free.
Shea Butter & Sandalwood
I noticed the brand in a supermarket magazine, but with further research, I realised Superdrug had a 2 for £10 offer on (full price there would be around £14). There were many different scents that all sounded amazing, but I chose the Shea Butter & Sandalwood for the hydration it promised.
I used to suffer with frizz terribly, so hydrating or glossy hair products are my go-to!
The first thing I noticed when looking at the products, was the size of the bottles! 400ml/500ml and some of the hair products came with a pump! Sadly, mine came with a standard squeeze top lid – wouldn’t a pump be so much easier? (I imagine it’s not as eco-friendly though!).
How did it perform?
I honestly wasn’t too sure if I would enjoy the scent of the shea butter and sandalwood, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is not an overpowering fragrance, but enough to scent the hair once it’s dry.
The shampoo lathered well, which makes me feel like it is really getting into the roots and cleaning the hair.
The conditioner was creamy and sat on the hair nicely; it didn’t run off the hair like some conditioners of a watery consistency do. Both the shampoo and the conditioner rinsed out of the hair well.
I have let my hair air dry (as I often do), as well as use the hair dryer to test the results; I am happy to say that my hair was left hydrated, soft and with a gorgeous glossy sheen. No greasy appearance at all!
I am really happy with the results and I am glad that I picked this up to try.
Love Beauty & Planet have a full range of shampoos and conditioners, as well as hand washes, shower gels, bath bombs and other hair/body care products.
Have you tried Love Beauty & Planets? Share your thoughts below!
Disclaimer: I purchased these products myself and as always my opinion on these products are solely my own.